Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Favorite Interior Book Designs

Many thanks and chocolate for Amelia from YA Bookologists for suggesting this topic! The blog has been dry lately and I've been sucked of my creative juices for the past week or so, and you saved it from dying! <3 you Amelia.

Going through the books on my non-existent bookshelf (it's actually a Leaning Tower of Books, but I'll save that for another day) I gathered books which I thought contained really pretty illustrations, title pages, chapter headings, etc. and took bad quality pictures while failing to keep my arm steady. Never said I was a photographer.


1. CODE NAME VERITY, by Elizabeth Wein

Everything about this book, from the cover to the freaking font, is absolutely adorable. Take a look:


This is at the corner of the page and IDK I just love it
2. THE CURE FOR DREAMING, by Cat Winters

When I saw that my ARC copy had real images from the past scattered throughout, my inner nerd rejoiced. Look at dis:

THE QUOTE ON THE SIDE
3. RUIN AND RISING, by Leigh Bardugo

My inner nerd is pleased.

4. THE GRAVEYARD BOOK, by Neil Gaiman


SILAS AND BOD. WHEE.
*heart eyes*
5. THE ABSOLUTELY TRUE DIARY OF A PART-TIME INDIAN, by Sherman Alexie



And those are my favorite book interiors, at least out of the books I own. What are your faves?

9 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. I like Code Name Verity best, I think. Will have to start looking inside all my books now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Code Name Verity is my ultimate favourite book! I love the designs too. I also like Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children's illustrations. It's just so haunting.
    Anyway, the way you open the books hurts my soul! xD I'm just afraid that the cover will get loose from the binding. I'm just that paranoid. xD
    Azee @ UnderCover Critique

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful books! I'm reading Ruin and Rising right now and I love looking at the map. It's my favorite map of the trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fairest has a super pretty inside too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha thank you! Code Name Verity is adorable--I love flipping through the pages every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Believe me, it killed me too. But it was so hard to get a good grip on the book whilst trying to take a steady picture. I understand your paranoia XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's taking me forever to start R&R, but the map is definitely a great incentive to start. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't seen that book IRL yet! I need to buy it/admire it/stroke it asap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea. You go, Amelia!

    I love the front of Everneath by Brodi Ashton! I remember taking a really nice picture of that one. Also, Fairest's cover pages are SO GORGEOUS. And they're in COLOR!!!!

    <3 this post [and Ruin and Rising!]

    ReplyDelete